bowfishing

He shoots... He scores!!!
STL Buck Killer
2018 Member of the Year

bowfishing

Post by STL Buck Killer » July 2nd, 2005, 3:21 pm

You guys shoot fish with a bow lol that seems real stupid why do that when you can just use a fishing pole lol I don't know if you guys are making jokes or if you really do that but we don't do that in ST. Louis oolol
I have many big bucks killed. By big I mean Missouri Big Bucks.

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Re: bowfishing

Post by coyotewhacker » July 2nd, 2005, 10:20 pm

You know, I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to put some bowfishing points on the end of a couple of long fishing poles and see if that doesn't work better. It sure would save a lot of line retrieval, lost glass arrows, and would free up that old cheap round wheel bow to kill a few 16 point bucks in September. Those dang little 16 pointers keep trying to breed with the does, and that really pisses off the big bucks, ya know what I mean. The only reason I don't kill off the little ones is that when they get to fighting in late July, right before the rut, all that pushing and shoving and digging the Image into the ground just plows up the whole field, so I can drop the food plot seeds right in without ever having to start the tractor. Saves a lot of work and diesel fuel. Image
We're on a mission from God.
Jake & Elwood Blue

STL Buck Killer
2018 Member of the Year

Post by STL Buck Killer » July 2nd, 2005, 11:40 pm

YOu are a liar, Mr.Coyotwker! I can tell you have no big bucks killed and by big bucks I mean Missouri Big Bucks@

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » July 4th, 2005, 10:53 am

Well dang me, hang me! Here i done went and cut the tip off a high dollar eight foot trolling rod and epoxied on a new titanium carbide fishing arrow head. I am in the process of trying to sell the idea to Muzzy for their line of hunting and bowfishing arrowheads. If that works, I think Sully will be the only bowfishing dealer that I will allow to sell them....he's a super guy and the only place I buy my bowfishing gear. Should you ever take time off from shopping for those Billy Buck singing head mounts, you might go see him....he's up in Lincoln, and he can fix you up with the right gear to put some real mounts on the wall.
Jake & Elwood Blue

STL Buck Killer
2018 Member of the Year

Post by STL Buck Killer » July 4th, 2005, 4:34 pm

OK but where is lincoln? I thought that was Nebraska lol

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » July 6th, 2005, 12:37 am

South of Sedalia on US 65. I re-worked the sticker rig and found that a solid glass fishing arrow can be epoxied inside the rod tube, making it about two feet longer and also leaving the screw in ferrule intact for changing fishing heads. I may make a ton of money on this idea.
$$$$$$$$$$$ Now I don't need a bow to go bow fishing.
Maybe Keith will take me on one of his big time, high tech expeditions and make a video of this new carp killin' mo-sheen. Image Image Image Gotta be extra careful with that big four piece pole collapsing when you gig the carp.
Jake & Elwood Blue

Hellbender
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Hellbender » July 6th, 2005, 2:54 pm

"but we don't do that in ST. Louis"
How do you fish for Gar in St louie? Image
CW, I think they get their Carp up there by running their boat up and down the river, I hear they have them trained to jump in the boat. Image I know that has to be quite a show. Image Image
"Carlye said, A lie cannot live; it shows he did not know how to tell them." Mark Twain

coyotewhacker
2018 Member of the Year

Post by coyotewhacker » July 6th, 2005, 5:20 pm

You're right HB...and as a matter of fact, there is a growing problem up and down the Mississippi River and on over towards LOZ with flying carp...big sumbitches they are.
I hear tell a guy can be easing along about 50 to 60 mph in his bass boat, minding his own business when all of a sudden this big carp will come flying out of the water and smack the guy in the head. Several fishermen have been severely injured that way. Fortunately none have died from their injuries, although followup reports indicate that several of them continue to suffer from PCSS, or Post Carp Strike Syndrome, a little understood malady that pops up occasionally in deer hunters who specialize in big Missouri bucks. Some times it just goes away on its own; other times it hangs on like a bad case of the clap. As far as I can tell, there is no known cure. Image Image Image
Jake & Elwood Blue