Hot weather

Rain Gear, camo, waders, foo foo flyfishing apparel
Kutter
2018 Member of the Year

Hot weather

Post by Kutter » May 5th, 2004, 1:08 am

A couple of years ago I bought some clothes for fishing in hot weather. Got them from Cabela's. They were made from supplex, some kinda weird material that is made to not hold water, either direction. The shirts, while a bit baggy, worked out great, as did the hat. The shorts were reasonable. Problem was in the pants. All I could find, but one, were the type that zip off to become shorts. Well I do not like that style, so went with the only one that was found that was a reguler pant. Rediculous pair of pants. Baggy and looked like a pair of PJ's or some of those pretty boy jogging type of pants. While I like regular ol blue jeans for most situations, extremely hot weather can make them quite uncomfortable. Do any of you know where a decent pair of pants for HOT weather, can be found? I like the supplex material, just not the cut or styles that I have found.

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Hot weather

Post by BornBad » May 5th, 2004, 1:34 pm

Looked that thar supplex stuff up, didn't find a whole lot of info other than shirts/shorts run about $35-$48... During the summer, I usually wear loose swimming style shorts and a hanes tshirt with the sleeves cut off..

Would you say I'd feel cooler in a long sleeved supplex shirt over a Hanes tshirt with the sleeves cut off on a 90+ degree day ?
I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » May 6th, 2004, 2:04 pm

Just go nekkid. And use sunscreen
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

Kutter
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Kutter » May 7th, 2004, 6:12 pm

Actually Bornbad, truth be told, yes, you would. I have both longsleeve and shortsleeve. They wick the sweat away from you and any breeze at all will evaporate it, cooling you off. Plus, it is high UV protection, as good or better than most sunscreens. I also have the shorts which cools my behind. LOL
Cotton will soak up the sweat and hang onto it. That makes life misurable. The main reason for wanting the full length pants is to keep the sun off my knees when in the boat and help with the skeeters after dark.

Rafe, the point of using stinkbait for catfishing is the smell. Now if they were atracted to ugly sights, I just might try your idea.

Center Punch
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Center Punch » May 7th, 2004, 7:33 pm

I bought the stuff made by Remington that's really light nylon for Turkey Hunting. It was pricey though. $35 for the shirt and the same price for the pants. Shirt is a collared button down long sleeve with pockets, mesh back and underarms. The pants have 6 pockets and a clip to hold your keys inside the front pocket so they won't make noise or fall out and both pants and shirt came in Mossy Oak Break Up.

I think Mossy Oak came out with the same type of stuff a couple years later and still make it.

I've been wearing it for about 3-5 years and it's holding up well. I use it for Dove Hunting as well or any day that I'm gonna be in the hot, tick and chigger infested outdoors.
Him: I'll go wait in the boat.
Her: It's the car hun. CAAAARRRR.

Kutter
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Kutter » May 8th, 2004, 7:47 am

Thanks, I'll check it out.

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » October 26th, 2005, 5:01 pm

I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear