1 for Rosco

Information about hunting feral hogs in Missouri
okie45
2018 Member of the Year

1 for Rosco

Post by okie45 » January 8th, 2006, 11:43 pm

woke up to a good day yesterday,lookin forward to goin to the bayin and then get a good hunt in,at least till i went to the kennel. found my old strike dog Rosco dead.looked like a stroke or a seizure just the way he was layin.darn what a big loss. he was sort of semi retired but there wasn't a hog around that could escape that nose of his.trained a lot of our young dogs well and hopefully wehave some pups comin out of him.he will be missed greatly.Image Rosco and Ennis his littermate (rosco layin)
anyway after the burial and a few tears we loaded up and went to the bayin in Faxon.wound up takin 1st. in the 2dog,2nd in the single and 1st in the puppy.couldn"t have been any better except missin Rosco.
after the bayin we loaded up and got a little hunt in with the young dogs on the hood huntin they"re but off.the wind and the dry conditions were"nt helpin but the young uns finally came off around 11:30 .in about 5 min.they had a solid bay down by the creek 1/4 mile. my sons took off with Zeke and before i got to em with the wheeler they had the boar down and started hobblin but i told he was a little too messed up so they stuck him.Image 212lbs with 3in and 2 1/2 (my sons Beau and Jake)
decided to call it a night .but i think this hunt will always stand out in memory of Rosco and because of the pups Ranger, Joker and Ann that he turned into dogs.
oh yeah as you can see got the camera to down loadin so heres a pic of the hogs we caght the last time we hunted with Rosco Image

Walter
2018 Member of the Year

Re: 1 for Rosco

Post by Walter » January 9th, 2006, 6:51 pm

High five Rosco.
The man who thinks he can, and the man who thinks he can't are both right.

Rafe Hollister
Former MOTY

Post by Rafe Hollister » January 9th, 2006, 6:53 pm

He's probabaly humpin' that great leg in the sky for you guys right now.
"I'll tell you one thing about women, they don't give a damn about things on the side of the road."
- Tim Wilson

okie45
2018 Member of the Year

Post by okie45 » January 10th, 2006, 1:30 am

blackmouth curs,and thanx guys

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » February 2nd, 2006, 11:27 am