BRAISED PHEASANT

Post up your meat smoking, sausage making and other recipe secrets right here. This is the place for all things that are good eats.
BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

BRAISED PHEASANT

Post by BornBad » April 6th, 2004, 1:07 pm

1 pheasant, cleaned and quartered
1 med. onion, cut into pieces
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 or more tsp. cornstarch 2 oz. brandy
1/2 cup white wine or sherry
2/3 tbsp. sweet cream
Make a broth using phesant neck, wings, liver, and back by covering pieces with water, add onion and celery, and cook until meat can be easily removed from bones.

Remove bones and return meat to broth. Thicken with cornstarch. Salt and pepper to taste. Brush pheasant with butter; place in a skillet and brown, or place in a pan and brown under broiler.

Add warm brandy to skillet or pan with pheasant and ignite brandy.

Remove bird and put in pan just large enough to hold it. Add broth to the pan used to brown bird and let it simmer 2-3 minutes. Add wine to broth and pour over bird, nearly covering the meat. If there isn't enough broth, add some chicken broth.

Bake at 325 degrees F. until bird is tender. Optional: drizzle another 1/2 cup wine through the sauce. When done, add sweet cream. Place bird on platter and pour sauce over meat.
I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear

fishin
2018 Member of the Year

Re: BRAISED PHEASANT

Post by fishin » April 8th, 2004, 2:39 pm

Everything is better with a little corn liquor Image Image Image
"Now there's too many fools makin too many rules,
that's one thing you can't say about us."

fishin
2018 Member of the Year

Post by fishin » January 19th, 2005, 2:47 pm

Back to the top in case anyone needs some new recipes Image
"Now there's too many fools makin too many rules,
that's one thing you can't say about us."

BornBad
2018 Member of the Year

Post by BornBad » August 1st, 2006, 4:29 pm

I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow. – Fred Bear