More soldiers to Iraq

Discussion about politicks
Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

More soldiers to Iraq

Post by Warmouth » January 11th, 2007, 10:30 am

So says the Pres.

I think we would have been better to fight like we did in Afganastan, and use special forces with tons of bribe money, native informants willing to fight, and heavy air power. Make those insurgents hunt harder for us, than we have to hunt for them, but wtf do I know.

20,000 more going in, along with more civilian workers, up to double.

What I really don't like is the idea of giving the Iraqi's financial support. Get the oil chit figgured out, and it would cost the US a lot less in that area.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Big John
2018 Member of the Year

Re: More soldiers to Iraq

Post by Big John » January 11th, 2007, 12:33 pm

I don't know what to think any more, we needed 50,000 more troops 3 years ago.

Outdoorsfool
2018 Member of the Year

Re: More soldiers to Iraq

Post by Outdoorsfool » January 11th, 2007, 5:46 pm

I'm torn on this issue. I hate seeing our troops die for nothing, but on the other hand we forked up the situation as it was so I think we have somewhat of a responsibility to try and fix it. The Iraqi's also have a responsibility to get off their azz and do something other than biotch about the U.S.. I say give Bush's idea a run and if it doesn't work or the Iraqi's don't step up, then we clear out and contain. Let them kill each other and then we go back in and clean up whatever is left and take the oil with us.
Politicians are like shoemakers who make pretty shoeboxes but forget to make the shoes.