Truman trip coming up

He shoots... He scores!!!
DH_72
2018 Member of the Year

Truman trip coming up

Post by DH_72 » May 25th, 2004, 12:24 am

Me and bunch of buddies are heading to Truman Lake Friday afternoon and staying till Monday sometime. Gonna bowfish most of the time. Should be lots of fun. We are camping at Bucksaw. Be my first time to bowfish so I'm definately looking forward to it.
The jabroni beatin' pie eatin' donkey kickin' titty lickin' toughest son of a femaledog

Robin@AimLow
2018 Member of the Year

Re: Truman trip coming up

Post by Robin@AimLow » May 25th, 2004, 1:12 pm

Good luck! There was a tourney this past weekend. With the lake so high and stained, I heard it was tough. But apparently plenty of little carp to be found. Don't overlook below the dam if they are on heavy release.

DH_72
2018 Member of the Year

Post by DH_72 » May 26th, 2004, 12:16 am

I was kinda worried about all the rain in the forecast. Didn't know what that would do. We'll probably head below the dam at least once during the trip. Have you been out lately Robin?
The jabroni beatin' pie eatin' donkey kickin' titty lickin' toughest son of a femaledog

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » May 27th, 2004, 2:56 pm

I fished a tributary to Truman Lake last weekend. The gar were spawning hard in the riffles, and some of the carp had blood in their tails. This week's rain and storms may have messed up the water, but it may be worth a shot to check out some of the southern feeder streams and creeks to Truman.

Robin, are you going to be around this weekend? I'll be over at my friends on Hwy A this Saturday evening. If you are, I'll stop by and say hey.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

Robin@AimLow
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Robin@AimLow » May 31st, 2004, 2:08 am

MOBuck and I went last weekend and shot the heck out of fish. Biggest of the weekend was 40 lbs.

DH_72
2018 Member of the Year

Post by DH_72 » June 2nd, 2004, 3:38 pm

The trip wasn't too good. I only got a 4 shots and missed them all. My friend's dad got a 21lb. carp. We walked around Truman Lake Saturday morning and only saw 2, but coulnd't get shots off. Only time we were able to get shots off was below the dam. I'm heading to Bagnall Dam Thursday morning to hopefully get something. I just really have no clue what I'm doing. I'll just keep walking the banks till I figure something out.