PoisonSnake Tip of the Week (Week 9)

DON'T MISS THE TIP OF THE WEEK BY THE POISON SNAKE. ALSO, post your deer hunting and deer camp stories here.
PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

PoisonSnake Tip of the Week (Week 9)

Post by PoisonSnake » May 11th, 2012, 10:04 am

Let's talk game camera placement here. Now, for any of you that have been fortunate to have seen the ficticious place called the HFA, you may know that there is quite possibly a beautiful creek bottom that runs the length of the place pretty much. Bucks like to really travel that creek bottom. A couple of times in the past, I have set my game cameras over what I would consider to be the high water mark for that creek bottom. Each of those times, I have eventually lost the camera due to localized flash flooding. Note to self and others: There is no high water mark in a damn creek bottom.

Snake's advice for the week... put your GD game camera somewhere other than a well used trail or crossing that is anywhere near a creek! Even if it is on the bumper of your truck or car, it will serve you much better than being in that creek bottom. Unless, however, you intend to remove it in the event heavy rains occur. :scratch:
Live the American dream? Baby I am the American dream.

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Re: PoisonSnake Tip of the Week (Week 9)

Post by PoisonSnake » May 11th, 2012, 10:04 am

Next week's topic will cover food plots.

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » May 11th, 2012, 1:09 pm

PS, interesting topic this week. How many camera's have you lost? I will be interested in next weeks topics as I am planning some food plot this summer for our new place. Include in the tip what you do to the existing vegetation as that as been a problem in previous plots we have done.

Also, I would suggest you don't include a tip of the week on chainsaw operation.

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » May 11th, 2012, 2:11 pm

I have mine at the bottem of a low spot, and the top of the ridge. I haven't had any flooding, but did have issues with ants moving into a camera. I'm still not sure if it functions worth a chit after that.

I'm very interested in the food plot segment of the "Tip of the Week". Waiting with bated breath.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

Tigerhaze
2018 Member of the Year

Post by Tigerhaze » May 11th, 2012, 3:42 pm

While walking along the Missouri River near Jeff City earlier this spring, I found a game cam partially embedded in the riverbank. When I recovered the memory card from it and loaded it onto a computer it first showed a wounded, bloody doe stumbling past the game cam in the dark followed closely by what I can only describe as Batman (dressed in a camo Batman suit) stalking her with a bloody Buck knife. I initially thought it was a "Jacka**" type film that some teenagers made one on a drunken Saturday night. I never knew the true significance of the game cam footage, until now.
"Control Stupidity- Spay or Neuter Your Politician"

RB
Admin Team

Post by RB » May 11th, 2012, 9:10 pm

Tigerhaze wrote:While walking along the Missouri River near Jeff City earlier this spring, I found a game cam partially embedded in the riverbank. When I recovered the memory card from it and loaded it onto a computer it first showed a wounded, bloody doe stumbling past the game cam in the dark followed closely by what I can only describe as Batman (dressed in a camo Batman suit) stalking her with a bloody Buck knife. I initially thought it was a "Jacka**" type film that some teenagers made one on a drunken Saturday night. I never knew the true significance of the game cam footage, until now.
TH I believe u got the,PS,on,film

Warmouth
2012 Member of the Year

Post by Warmouth » May 14th, 2012, 8:55 am

Had to be.
The Doctor said I should drink more whiskey. Also, I'm calling myself 'The Doctor' now.

PoisonSnake
2015 MEMBER OF THE YEAR

Post by PoisonSnake » May 15th, 2012, 11:53 am

My knife is one of those Knives of Alaska or something like that. I lost my Buck. Can't be me.